The faculty’s library is one of the departments that is under the supervision of the Vice-Dean for Postgraduate Studies and Research, and the faculty’s library is managed by a director who has high qualifications that meet the conditions and nature of work; it is preferable for those who had experience.
The library director is responsible for the following tasks:
- Technical and administrative supervision of the library staff.
- Participating and cooperating with the library staff to develop a policy and plan to provide good library services.
- Providing opinions for developing the holdings of the library when supplying it.
- Supervising the examination and addition of all holdings and the technical preparation of information vessels, their classification, and indexing, through the use of classification plans and the indexing rules followed in libraries.
- The director is assigned to form the annual library inventory committee and to approve the formation by the Dean of the Faculty.
- Technical supervision of the annual inventory of the library and presenting the records and results of the inventory to the General Administration of Libraries for getting approval from the President of the University.