Stage of Postgraduate Studies The credit hours system is applied to the stage of postgraduate studies where the postgraduate students have the same system as the bachelor students in terms of admission, adding and deleting materials, following-up, and the exam correction system that has been mentioned previously in the stage of bachelor. Stage of Diploma Aswan University grants postgraduate studies diploma according to the suggestion of the faculty’s council and the recommendation of the competent scientific department, at the following engineering disciplines: – Electrical Engineering: -High Voltage -Electrical Forces -Electrical Machines -Automatic Control -Mechanical Engineering: Design of pipelines and turbines New and Renewable energy Mechanical Design Materials Technology and Production. Conditions of admission for diploma stage:
- the student has to obtain a bachelor’s degree in engineering from one of the Egyptian universities or an equivalent degree from a recognized scientific college.
- The duration of study to obtain any postgraduate diplomas has to be two years (4 semesters) otherwise, the study hours haven’t to be less than 15 hours weekly.
- A well as to obtain the diploma student has to complete 50 credit hours.
- The schedules of postgraduate studies for each diploma determine the name of the academic course and its hours.
- The faculty’s council determines the scientific content for the academic courses according to the recommendation of the council of the supervising department on the diploma.
- The exams of postgraduate diplomas are held twice a year (once per semester) at the dates that are determined by the university’s council upon the suggestion of the faculty’s council.