|Project Name||Research on Key Technologies of Optimal Design and High-Efficiency Control for Smart Hybrid Microgrids in Desert Climate Regions|
|The International/Local Funder||A local financing agency|
|The Funder’s Name||Science, Technology, and Innovation Funding Authority (STIFA)|
|The Budget||2,322,600 Egyptian Pounds|
|Funding value||54,000 pounds|
|The Project’s Duration||24 months|
|Principal investigator||Dr. Muhammad Shaaban Issa|
|The Project’s Goals|
The goals of this project can be summarized as follows:
1- Providing new and interesting technical solutions based on the use of renewable energy to enhance energy in remote desert areas, which may have harsh (related to the Earth’s weather) conditions.
2- Finding the best design and effective operation of a smart combination of two things/gas-electric vehicle mini-grids in desert climate areas
3- Conducting research on environmental adaptation of basic equipment in remote desert areas with harsh environmental conditions
4- Providing a service to establish micro-networks in the Arab Republic of Egypt and northwest China (areas with desert conditions) 5- Beginning and building a small company for the user in terms of supply and demand with a smart transmission system according to Egyptian features. (remote desert areas).
– Constructing an isolated smart hybrid network to provide energy to far-flung, isolated places using the available renewable energy sources, depending on the weather.
– Increasing hands-on expertise in constructing micro-networks in arid climate zones using renewable energy sources.
– The exchange of advanced technologies in the design and construction of micro-networking equipment between the Chinese and Egyptian sides.
-To provide the ideal working environment, a comparison of the solar module’s performance with and without a cooling system is conducted.
– Presenting the viability of isolated microbial networks based on the arid environment.
– Improving research into the incorporation of renewable energy sources into micro-networks in areas with difficult desert conditions.
– Publishing research in journals and conferences published abroad.
|Egyptian Universities taking part in the project||Aswan University|
|The Egyptian participating entities other than universities||Control Group Company|
|International Universities/Participating Entities||China University of Electronic Science and Technology. Guangdong Energy Institute of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Xinjiang State-owned Electric Power Grid Co., Ltd.|
|The state of the foreign entity||China|
|University of Egypt’s coordinator||Dr.Essam Hafez Abdel Hamid Abdel Ghani|
|Egypt’s coordinator position||Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering|
|Faculty of Egyptian Coordinator||Faculty of Energy Engineering – Aswan University|